Cannot get HSHfitter to work

mgts24

Hello All,

I have been building PTMs using RTI Builder for a while with good results, however I have been unable to get the HSHfitter to work.  I went through the whole routine, as usual, but when I hit the Execute button I got the error message "verify your HSHfitter path!"

When I did this, I still got the same error message.  My path is:  

/Documents/HSH-fitter/HSHfitterPlugin.jar

anyone see any illegal characters, etc?

I am running RTIBuilder on a Macbook Pro.

Thanks in advance

Michael

• 3 years later...

I am also having a problem with the HSHfitter path. I have changed computers etc and now every time I get to the 'Execute' screen I get this message "verify your HSHfitter path!" and have no idea how to find this. I click on 'find' but do not know what I supposed to be looking for. MacBook Pro with Sierra 10.12.6

That's odd - for the HSHfitter it should just know where it is. (unlike the ptmfitter, where you have to tell it the path where you installed it)

One thing to check, is to make sure that you actually installed the software by dragging it from the .dmg (disk image) into the applications folder. Then start RTIBuilder from the applications folder in the installed location.  If you try to run it from the disk image, it can create these kinds of path issues.

Carla

Hi, am still having problem with the fitter path. (I have successfully created RTI images in the past). I have gone over many times the pdf instructions and cannot see where I have made a mistake.

I have checked that RTIBuilder is in the Applications folder. I have the source folder 2017_rti_7856a with jpeg-exports folder in the top folder under Users (bobmiller) and file names without spaces. 

I have Java (version 8  Update 16 installed) verified.

I have tried multiple time to start from the beginning - that is start a new project and re-do the entire building process as well as moving the source files to directly to the BobM_HD and then trying to re-build from there where a message to update the pipeline is activated, and accepted the new pipeline.

Re-started computer before new attempts

Every time I get to the final execute screen I get the pop-up window asking to verify the HSHfitter path.

any suggestions

Bob - 

In the other cases on this forum where folks have reported this problem it turned out to be the issue of spaces somewhere in their path name.  This doesn't just mean your image file names, but anywhere in the path of where your files live.  The simplest way to check for this is to go the "assembly-files" folder and open the .lp file (this is the light positions file)  You wil see in there a list of pathnames each on their own line, after a line with a single number, which is the total number of images.  If there are spaces anywhere in this pathname or any of the filenames, that is the problem.  If you aren't sure about this, then paste a line from an .lp file here.

Here's another thread with this problem - and that's what it turned out to be:

http://forums.culturalheritageimaging.org/index.php?/topic/312-rti-builder-asking-me-to-specify-your-hsh-fitter-path/

Carla

The screenshot you attached and that you linked to, both show the contents of the jpeg-exports folder.  You need to look inside the assembly-files folder for a file called .lp.  This is the light position file.  There may be more than one of them, depending on whether you cropped your images.  It doesn't matter which one you look at.

Carla

Hi Carla, that is possibly the problem? there is no .lp file in the assembly folder. Apologies I thought I had also included screen shot of the assembly folder. It only has three jpg files in it,  7836a_blend1.jpg, 7836a_edge0.jpg and 7836a_median0.jpg. I have gone right back to the beginning with a different set of originals and done the entire process of saving the master CR2 files as DNG, and then JPEG and checking file names at each stage. I know it is possible that there is something there I have not seen, though I have been very careful in file naming etc to ensure no spaces or illegal names. I then have taken the new set of photos and gone through the build process and again once I get to the execute stage it asks to verify the path. Each time I do this process, I only ever get the three jpeg files listed above, and not the .lp file. Unfortunately I no longer have the original RTI files I had created to compare to (they were done using version 1 of the RTI Builder.

Hmm - there should be an .lp file once you get to the execute stage.  Can you check the .xml log file? It should be at the top level under the project directory. It should have the path, and also other information, and might give some clue as to the problem.  You can attach it to a message here or email it to me: info at c-h-i.org (I'm trying to avoid the email address being detected by bots - but I think you can figure out what I mean.

This seems to be a very unusual case.

Carla

Archived