RTIBuilder Having Problems With Symantec

lellis@nps.gov

Installed RTIBuilder and RTIViewer on a Windows 10 computer running Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.  RTIViewer works with no problems, but Symantec thinks RTIBuilder is a virus.  Won't allow it to open.  I've added RTIBuilder to Symantec's exceptions list but no change.  Anyone else have this type of problem and have come up with a solution?  By the way, this is a company computer that must run Symantec.  

Had the same problem with Windows Defender, but it accepted it on the exceptions list. One thing to try is to install on another computer without Symantec, delete the two .exe files, copy the folder onto the target computer, and try running the program using the RTIBuilder.jar file.

Thanks for the response leszekp.  Still no go.  Is anyone else having success using RTIBuilder with Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).  I can uninstall SEP and RTIBuilder will work.  But when I reinstall SEP on the computer it wants to treat RTIBuilder like a virus.  SEP prevents RTIBuilder.jar file from even opening.  Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Lellis,

I've got SEP (agent 3.00.31.2817 / endpoint NIS-22.15.5.22 / definitions updated today) and it doesn't impede RTIbuilder.exe - I do though seem to recall that at one time, possibly when first installed, SEP quarantined it and I had to go into the SEP client, view the Quarantine and Restore the program (and flag it not to be excluded again).

Dave