Tethered Shooting Nikon on new Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

mwessling

I am trying to set up tethered shooting on a new MacBook Pro that is running OS X 10.7 with my Nikon D700. I have found Lightroom 3 will not allow any manipulations of camera function, and Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 is not compatible with this OS. I have also tried an app call Sofortbild, which allows manipulation of exposure settings, but not focusing. Has anyone found a software or system that will allow full control of the Nikon D700 tethered to OS X 10.7?

You might want to try and see when (or if Nikon plans to update the Control 2 software) to be compatible with OS Lion. In my opinion, that has got to be an issue for them, they just have not published it yet. Would you happen to know? Maybe theres a software update?

(you've prob done that).

I would also Call Nikon and get a Rep and talk to a person.

You also might want to look into the Breeze Software. At this exact moment, Chris Breeze does *not have a product that works with Lion. But, I bet he will soon! SO you should put this on your radar.

We've been having issues with focusing in Live Mode on the Canon cameras, and this Breeze software is *really stable and functional and gets the job done - manages files, pulls focus, and manipulates exposure settings.

If you have to go into production you might be able to run your Nikon with a PC (virtual or real), OR use a Canon camera with DSLR Remote Pro by Breeze.

http://www.breezesys.com/index.htm

http://www.breezesys.com/downloads.htm

• 1 month later...

I'd be very interested to know if anyone hears of camera control software for tethering the Panasonic Lumix GH2 camera to any laptop (Windows, Linux, or Apple OS). So far, I don't think any such application is available from existing software suppliers, but suggestions and solutions are welcome.

• 6 months later...

I like the Sofortbild software, and the focusing isn't an issue for me as we are doing RTI and the focus doesn't change from shot to shot. Though I guess it would be nice to ensure optimum focus during setup, I don't mind doing it manually.

Archived