Why my rti file is invaild and internal format unknown

tongguang

Hi:

my rti file is successful "fitting complete", but my RTI viwer can't open it due to that "rti file is invaild and internal format unknown

Best regards,

Tong Guang

post-1103-0-84463100-1484101155_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the RTI is not made correctly.  This is more likely with the hshfitter on Windows machines.  So there is a file, but it's only maybe a few k and not a proper file.  So, first check the file size on the RTI that is not loading and see if this could be it.

The problem is sometimes caused due to a permissions issue where the fitter can't write the file.  The HSH fitter uses a cache while it's calculating, and if it can't write that file (which is in the directory where you installed the RTiBuilder) then it can fail like this.

So, please send a bit more info about what machine you are using, and whether the full file was written. A 2nd order HSH from 20MP images would be about 150MB (depending on cropping)

Carla

• 1 year later...

Hello! I've encountered the same issue opening files that have recently come to me, created in 2012. See attached image for file size and whether it is a 'proper' image. Your help would be very much appreciated! 

RTI Folder Capture.PNG

IT looks like only one of these is a ptm file - the first one.  The other are all a different  (.dat) format.  The PTM file at 1KB is not a valid file.  The file sizes would always be larger than that.  I'm not sure how these were shared with you.  Is it possible that these files are the result of some pre-processsing step for Web distribution?  There are a couple of web viewers out there that require that you take a PTM or RTI file and run it through a program to prepare it for Web distribution.  If that's the case, then you can only open the result with the web viewer, after the files are properly staged on a web server.  What you want is just the regular full size RTI (or ptm) file.

Carla

• 3 weeks later...

IT looks like only one of these is a ptm file - the first one.  The other effective appetite suppressants are all a different  (.dat) format.  The PTM file at 1KB is not a valid file.  The file sizes would always be larger than that.  I'm not sure how these were shared with you.  Is it possible that these files are the result of some pre-processsing step for Web distribution?  There are a couple of web viewers out there that require that you take a PTM or RTI file and run it through a program to prepare it for Web distribution.  If that's the case, then you can only open the result with the web viewer, after the files are properly staged on a web server.  What you want is just the regular full size RTI (or ptm) file.

Carla

Hi Carla, thanks for the insights. I'm having pretty much the same issue as Fmck. I'm not sure what to do about it though. Could you help with a step by step guide on how fix this by any chance? Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hernandez - I'm not clear what problem you are having.  First you need to have a .ptm or a .rti file.  If instead you have a file of some other type  (like Fmck showed) then this isn't a valid rti file.  My guess is this is the result of something like the WedRTIViewer which does pre-processing on an rti or ptm file to set it up to work with a web based viewer.  If that is the case - then the resulting folder has to be set up on a webserver with the appropraite HTML code to call it.  This is described on the web page for the WebRTIViewer.  I'm not an expert on that.  If you want to use the regular RTiViewer - then you need an rti or ptm file. 

Carla

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Alisali - I really don't understand what issue you are having.  You are getting an invalid file error - but I don't understand the circumstances of whether it's on a Mac or PC.  If this is still an issue - then please provide more details about exactly what you are doing, whether the file is a reasonable size, (i.e. should be MB not K) and whether the files worked in one environment and failed in another.

Sorry for my delayed response. I'm not getting notifications like I used to, and just found this.

Carla

Archived