rookie

Hello everyone,

before 1 months i have made my first *rti file and i used that on rti viewer.
Today i have made another rti file with the builder but now i cannot see this on viewer.
it gives me this error.

i incresed my virtual memory but still same problem.
i tried with another computer but gives same error.
i kindly need your help. Thank you.

296jd4w.png

Could you tell us a bit about your computer? Memory, processor, operating system? RTI file size (for both the successful and unsuccessful files)? Can you still open the earlier file (the one that you were able to create and open a month ago)?

128 ssd

i5 intel proccesor

4 gb ram

my os win 10.

but also i have tired with  2 another comp. but the result was same.

finished rti file size. 276 mb unsuccessful

finished rti file size: 160 mb successful

yes! first one still works.

thank you again.have a nice work.

edit: by the way;
it gives the error after %50 of loading.

I'm guessing that you do not have enough RAM to load a file of the larger size.  We decided when RTiViewer was being written to not set a hard limit, but to try to load whatever files the user wanted.  There isn't a simple way to detect whether you will run out of memory, so the system crashes if you load too big of a file.  I know this isn't elegant, and there are ways to do something better (like stream the data rather than load it all at once)  But, we had a very limited budget for the software.

The good news is that you can load really large files, if you have a computer with more memory.  

You might also want to review the notes in the RTIViewer User Guide about the lrgb and rgb options (rgb doubles the file size) and HSH 2nd order and 3rd order (3rd order also gives you a much larger file size)  There is also a discussion of the trade-offs of PTM vs hsh here on the forums:

http://forums.culturalheritageimaging.org/index.php?/topic/190-hsh-or-ptm-how-to-choose-the-best-fitter/

So, the bottom line is that if you only have 4GB of RAM you will need to make smaller RTIs.  The smallest file size is lrgb ptm.  Also, you can resize your images in RTIBuilder to make a smaller RTI.  You can make multiple sizes from the same dataset - so that you can load on different computers. 

Carla

Depending on your needs, you can also use the streaming RTiWebViewer, which would allow you to run large files on older computers.  However, it only support pan, zoom and relighting - no rendering modes (this is due to limitations in the WebGL and HTML5 support).

http://vcg.isti.cnr.it/rti/webviewer.php

You can see examples from that page.  

Also the example on this project page, which is a 175MB  2nd order HSH .rti file created with a 20MP camera (and some cropping to remove the spheres).  In other words, pretty high resolution, and it works fine in this environment.  It should also work on lower memory computers.

Carla

• 3 weeks later...

The RTIWebViewer, run locally on Windows, works best with FireFox; Internet Explorer, Edge, and Google Chrome have default security settings that prevent loading local executable content (thanks to the developer, Gianpaolo Palma, for prompt assistance with this).

Archived