Stops after Detecting Spheres

jstika

Hello!

I am having trouble processing my photos. Once I reach the "detect spheres" page, I highlight my spheres, check "binarize...." and then click "detect spheres". Once it seems to process, the program just stops. I can't hit the "next" button and the whole image is still displayed in the upper left corner. I've tried restarting the process several times, restarting my computer, and reinstalling the RTI Builder.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I haven't seen this behavior before.  One idea though, when you select an area for a sphere, you have to click on "add area"  to make sure the area is selected. It changes from green to red with handles so you can resize it.  I don't think you can click detect spheres prior to that though.

Are you on Mac or windows?   Is it possible that you don't have write permission in the directory where you have your jpeg-exports folder?

You can also look at the .xml file RTIBuilder produces for your project, sometimes there is useful info in there that can help to debug situations.

Carla

Thanks, Carla!

The program let me apply the areas just fine, so I took care of that step. And I'm using Windows.

I tried to process it on another computer, but it did the same thing. Instead, I tried deleting some of my images (I had 53), and took it down to about 39. It ran just fine after that. So I'm not sure if there is a maximum image number for the program, but it sure didn't like as many as 53.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the additional info.  I run image sets with that many images pretty regularly.  Maybe it is because you don't have enough RAM on your computer?  Please say a bit more about the configuration of your system (RAM, OS level, etc.)

Carla

Archived