Relight Collapses

Noam

Hi Noam,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  We have been using relight Lab and not seeing this kind of issue.  Please tell us exactly what OS you are running (For example MacOS 12.6.3) Also, what are you doing when the software crashes?  You say it detects the highlights correctly - are you "exporting RTI" when the crash occurs?  Have you tried different algorithms?  What exactly are your settings for "export RTI" when the bug happens?  Please provide this additional information so we can look into the problem.

Note:  I've moved this question from the FAQ to the RelightLab forum in the RTI processing group.

Carla

Hi Carla
I'm running Windows 11 Home OS build: 22621.1413.
Once I open the software, I'm adding the photos successfully, detecting highlights successfully (It also builds the sphere.png files).
Then I'm saving the project, and exporting the RTI (tried with LPTM 9, PTM 18, HSH 12 Hemispherical harmonics, HSH 27 Hemispherical harmonics) with only RTI format.
The pop-up pops, sometimes it is even green for a second, but then it collapses. 
The same happened in two different computers, V.  2023.02. and V. 1.3.1.
Tried several data sets, including one that worked well with the RTI builder on my friend's computer. 

Noam

Hi Noam, 
           I am the coder or RelightLab. I can't really tell what the reason could be, but if you are available we could have a call and try together to solve the issue.
Write me on ponchio@gmail.com or just call me on skype (username: ponchietto).

Federico

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone!
 I'm doing some tests creating Virtual RTI with Blender. I have done tests with two different photogrammetric 3D models. With the first set of photos everything went great but with the second set the program crashed when I tried to export the RTI.
After seeing Noam solution, I have been researching my case and I have found a solution that works for me. My problem was that in the file path of the second attempt there was a folder in which there was a word with an accent mark. At the moment that I have eliminated the accent everything has worked perfectly.
So my conclusion is that the program crashes due to character incompatibility. I've registered on the forum to comment on it in case it helps anyone or if the RelightLab team decides to implement changes for future releases.

PD: Great job with the program. Keep in that way!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ponchio said:

Hi everyone, 
       I could not replicate the issue in Linux (It worked inserting emoji!),
but before I get someone to test it in Windows, could you tell me exactly how to replicate the issue?

Federico

Hi again. I forgot to say that I'm using Windows 11.
I think the problem is that it only supports ASCII basic printable characters in the file path. I manage to replicate the problem with characters from the extended printable ASCII list such as vowels with accents like á é í ó ú, letters like ç ñ ß and symbols like © ®

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 6:22 PM, ponchio said:

but before I get someone to test it in Windows, could you tell me exactly how to replicate the issue?

Just put the letter å in one of the folders in the path to your images, project and output.

Perhaps its just the output path that is problematic, since Relight crashes only when I select to render output from it. When I finally found this thread, I moved the images to another folder without Swedish characters, made a new project from the same images, and then I could generate output.

• 3 months later...

Hello. I have faced the same problem of crushing after the "Build" command, but in my case it was a space in the name of a folder somewhere in the file directory. It was not allowed to use spaces in the RTI Builder, and it seems that it still applies here.