Mirrorless camera recommendations

KLW

Hello,

I've been using the Canon 6D Mark II with both the Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM and the Canon EF 50/1.4 USM prime lenses for all of my photogrammetric captures for about 5 years now and it's been a powerful little trio. I've recently been asked about equipment recommendations and while I would normally suggest this little trio, I'm aware that Canon is going mirrorless and the 24mm lens listed above is no longer available.  I assume this is due to the change. Is there a mirrorless camera and lens combination that anyone here would recommend? It doesn't have to be Canon; they're just the cameras I've had the most experience with. Also, has anyone noticed if the mirrorless cameras create any noticeable changes in the photogrammetric models they create? Thank you for your time. 

Canon just released a 24mm prime lens with an RF mount - for the mirrorless line of cameras.  It's about the same price point as the previous EF mount lens ($599). Note that you can use any EF mount lens on an RF mount Camera with an adapter.  So, if you have lenses you like and switch to the RF mount cameras - make sure to get the Canon branded one, as it wil pass through all the electronics, and support auto-focus, etc.  Note you cannot go the other way - RF mount lenses will only work on RF mount cameras.

We've used the Canon R% for a project and liked it - though we haven't spent a lot of time with it yet.  There are many options in the mirrorless line - so figure out what best meets your needs and budget.

Carla