Problem Installing Mac version of RTI builder

papado170404

When I try to install RTI Builder I get the following message: RTIbuilder-v2.0.2. is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image. I get a similar message for PTM viewer (is damaged and can;t be opened. You should move it to the trash). It's the first time that I have an issue with the software. Any ideas?

This is a known issue that was caused by Apple changing security settings with OS 10.9 and later (Mavericks) .  There is no problem with the RTIBuilder installation.  Apple now gives this error for any software that isn't signed by an Apple Developer.

There is a discussion about this over here: http://forums.culturalheritageimaging.org/index.php?/topic/308-rti-builder-damaged-file-error-on-bootup-on-mac/?p=844

This has instructions on what to do.

We have looked into what would be involved in gettin in this program and signing the application for future releases.  It is a big problem for small open source efforts like ours because it is extra work and also money to be in that program in order to avoid the error.

Carla

PS:  The noted discussion has exactly the error message noted here as the Topic's title.  Please folks, take a minute or two to look at what is already in the forum before posting, as your question may already be answered.

Archived