ARCTRON

Sigmund

• 8 months later...

I have bought two modules of aspect3d about two months ago - basic (obligatory) and imageScan for generating digital 3D models from photographs. I have put a lot of time into this subject for documenting historic stone sculptures. The main issues I had at the beginning were my photography skills. But after some practice with my camera beyond the auto-focus I started to get really nice results - high resolution, tight 3D models so I can have them reproduced later. 

Since I had no need of the other modules, the software was quite affordable (I might get the presentation module later for generating HD videos of my digital 3D models).

The 2015 version of aspect3d is to be released soon and I was promissed to receive this latest version as a free upgrade as part of a promotion. It obviously should have many more features than the 2014 (although I am not sure I will use them since I have a relatively straight forward task). 

The company is stationed in Bavaria and they offer training (my friend uses this software at her university - that's how I got to know about it and she tutored me to get results quickly).

Pro: The software is made up of different modules so you can buy only the modules you need and don't spend money on functions you do not need.

Cons: When generating high resolution 3D modules you need a lot of PC power and disk space. If you don't have it you will also need to make a hardware investment (that's what I had to do).

Archived