cdschroer

PTMFitter software download link

We recently discovered that the PTM software is no longer available from the HPLabs website.  We have placed both the Mac and Windows versions of the PTMFitter in a dropbox along with the license file from HP.  You can get the software from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jfsy0lhxu6zv4i4/AADJpq6E_GJmNw_s5C8r94CVa?dl=0

Also - many papers on PTM and RTI are by Tom Malzbender - and you can find them on his personal website:

https://sites.google.com/site/tommalzbender/

Hi there, 

Thanks for putting that up, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any file extension for the fitter for mac? Would you be able to perhaps re-upload it or provide that information?

In the dropbox are two folders one for Mac and one for Windows.  In the Mac folder is a copy of the PTMfitter I have on my mac and run regularly.  It doesn't seem to have an extension.  I have it in my applications folder.  I don't have a disk image or installer for it.  I think it should work without an extension.  I just tried downloading it and dropbox adds an .html extension to it.  When I remove that it still thinks it's an html file when I run it from the terminal.

So, I've uploaded a new copy as a zip file.  Unzip it - and hopefully that will work.  I don't know what the dropbox downloader is doing to the file - but it doesn't seem to like a file with no extension.

Note that it's a command line tool, and not designed to work by double clicking on it. You could test it by running it from a terminal window if you are comfortable with that.  Or just browsing to wherever you unzipped it from RTIBuilder in the last screen (where you execute the RTI)

Carla

Hello

In some reason I am not able to unzip this file on my Mac. Got a message:

End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.

Has someone else experienced that?

I rebuilt the zip file using a different tool.  I tested it - and it seems to be working fine.  The original version tried to put it back in my applications folder when I unzipped it.  So, hopefully this will fix it - as it seems to work correctly.

Carla