Niki

RTI Builder Unknown error

Dear all, 

we are completely destroyed.. having an unbelievable automatic RTI Dome but cannot create any PTM file.. 

We checked the path if there are any spaces and we know that we should use lower case jpg. Already uninstall and reinstall RTI Builder and also Java. 

We still get all the time at the end after cropping: Unknown error detected. the created xml file contains at the end: 

Fitter returned an error ! Error : -1</xc:event>

Please help us! Please please please..

all the best from Vienna,

niki

photographer

austrian archaeological institute

dear dave,

GREAT!!!

one is giving a note...

here the path.

C:\RTI\tulpe

THANX IN ADVANCE

yours

niki

here the screenshot...

path.thumb.jpg.b78fd83e3c9e9569087c6995fd6ef50d.jpg

Nikki, path looks OK as far as I can tell.

Couple of questions:

1) you mention it fails after cropping, does it fail if you don't crop?

2) you mention you're trying PTM, you have downloaded and installed the PTM Fitter, haven't you? (page 10 of the processing manual)

3) if you try HSH rather than PTM, any change?

Dave

dear dave,

1) yes - same error message (Processing row: 3714) ???

2) we already did twice

3) yes we tried, but no change

Do you have more ideas?? Thank you very much!!

yours

niki

Nikki,

Firstly, now that error message is visible, there is a thread here on this forum about exactly that message which might give you some clues

Secondly, have you tried on another PC?

Dave

Also Nikki, another thought - if you download one of the sample image sets from the CHI website, which are known to work OK, do they work on this PC?

Dave

dear dave,

it works with the sample files...

is it possible that  our images are to big?

8688x5792pix

thank you!!!

niki

Thanks Nikki, sounds as if moving (slowly!) towards possible indicators.

I'm glad it works for at least sample images so software setup looks OK.

I don't know about any absolute image size limits, I just did a quick search here and found this thread

which does describe processing large images 10328x7760px, albeit I think on a Mac.

I'm sorry that I can't help much more at present - I'm not in front of my (PC based) RTI workstation, I think it may be a case of waiting until Carla and team at CHI are on-air (San Francisco time).

mfG
Dave

Nikki, another tiny thought in case it helps shed light on the problem. You might just see something if you have memory monitoring displayed when it crashes on your big images? and there might also be something written into the Windows logs?

Dave

Niki,

If it is a resource issue due to the size of the images, one way to identify if it is absolute image size that is causing a problem, or just the total demand on the system, might be to try processing a reduced number of your hi-res images. I don't know how many you have in your full set - I have 50-100 typically - but if you maybe tried with maybe just ten images? - the RTI obviously wouldn't be as good but it might help to diagnose the problem?

I'm sorry that, as just another user, I can only use my RTI and computer troubleshooting experience, I haven't any access to the innards of the programs!

Dave

dear dave,

thank you very much!!!

It works with smaller and less images, but not with the original size. We find out the next problem: Our PTM file:

We are using Canon EOS 5D SR with Canon 24-70mm zoomlense. This inscription paper (about 30x50 cm) has this distortion and "slipping edges" on all corners. Center of the image is fine. But just in the PTM file, the captured images are completely sharp all over the image. 

Thank you dear Dave!

yours, 

niki

PTM_file.thumb.jpg.7d32e4f488c52b098c9106810e116237.jpg