Working Download Link for Windows

arejasp

Hello all,

I am attempting to find a working link to download the RTI processing software for windows. I have gone through a number of links posted in the forums, but none of them are active and the links on the CHI site come back with download failed, but only for the processing software. I am able to download the viewer just fine.

Any help is much appreciated, thank  you!

-Jason

I tried the link on two separate browsers as well as downloading it to my phone. On the desktop I am getting the following error: 

image.png.f074ff39bb0752242d58ea17ac1fdebb.png

When I download it to my phone it shows the download, but once I move it to my desktop it gives me an error that it cannot find the software package. 

I used Chrome and IE for the downloads. Other links on the site work but that one just doesn't want to work for me. 

No, its a corporate AV. I will have to download it from home and move it over. I will post tomorrow on if it works or not. It is strange as I am normally able to download and install software and my phone is on cell data, so it should have downloaded just fine. 

Thank you for the help!

• 1 month later...

As I was unsuccessful with OS X Catalina i've installed Win 10 via VirtualBox. After downloading and installing RTIBuilder widows deleted it automatically telling me it contains a virus. I have do not have any special virus software, whatever comes with Win 10. 

Any ideas, suggestions?

Windows Defender is the standard anti-virus program that comes with Windows 10. It will show up as a shield icon in the trayicon area. Double-click on it, select "Virus & threat protection => Virus & threat protection settings => Manage settings => Exclusions => Manage exclusions". Add the RTI_Builder folder (usually in the root directory on the C- drive). This should fix the problems. You may need to reinstall RTIBuilder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is an ongoing issue for the Windows version of rtibuilder_2_0_2_setup.exe file.  I likewise get a notification from Windows Defender.  It is infected with what MS calls "Win32/Dynamer!rfn".

image.png.abaa98500d51b53a7d496ac9d7e435ef.png

It also has a growing consensus among virus scanners, up to 10 now with Microsoft and Cylance being the most reputable, and filescan results can be seen here on Virustotal:  https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a531b6de3861d3ac1f2ac2ca4d3ebefec1e65d3d50a44c957a8e345d79d26f5b/detection

Virustotal also runs various website scanners which are also reporting malicious and malware at the link.  https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/26a92d3b13309e7e21169ecfca0a790752dafbc8c5b097c5b7fa989a86eb3256/detection

Microsoft description can be seen here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fDynamer!rfn&threatid=2147721515

Windows Defender and/or Essentials are not automatically configured on all machines.  Some machines may have other anti-virus that do not detect it yet.  At any rate some will see it and some will not.  It's also possible that an already infected machine may not see it any longer, as the trojan may hide it or disable AV.  At any rate the evidence that this current file is carrying a trojan is pretty good.

It could be possible that the .exe stored by the people at CHI has been infected over time. This could be investigated if someone has the original .exe, by making a MD5 checksum and see if the old and new file behave in the same way.

I personally think that the antivirus software are detecting an old version of java virtual machine. rti-builder is old software that was never updated and still relies on an outdated version of the JVM, that has been exploited in all possible ways, and is consequently considered unsafe.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I see the posts about installation has not been frequented lately and I know the RTIbuilder is old. I wonder if anyone has downloaded the software in the windows environment and got it working?  I have installed in the windows10 and windows7 platform lately and the RTIbuilder and the RTIVeiwer installed fine. The RTIVeiwer runs ok but I just can't get the RTIbuilder to run. It doesn't even registered in the background of processes  in windows. 

Thank you.

regards

sammy

Hi Sammy -

I have gotten the RTiBuilder software to run on Windows 10 on new computers recently.  It wasn't obvious - and required that I double click the rtibuilder.jar file   rather than the usual rtibuilder.exe file. I don't know what is causing this - but it worked. On one computer, I had difficulty getting it to crop the images successfully - but it ran fine if I didn't do that.  On another computer it all worked. 

Good news! we just received a grant that has a small amount of money for updates to RTI software and we are working to collaborate with another group to get new software out. Stay tuned for an announcement on this very soon. The new software will also be open source.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just tried downloading and installing rti_builder_2_0_2_setup.exe from the CHI website however Windows 10 security immediately blocks it citing it found Trojan:Win32/Ceevee (this is on my home machine, bootcamp with a pretty new install of Windows 10).

• 1 month later...

I got it installed and working on windows 10. In windows security > virus and threat protection > protection history >  I had to restore the removed file, and mark the threat as allowed. Also, dont forget to install Java (this one) and reboot.

Would be good if this software can be updated.

• Like 1