“hshfitter” is not optimised for your Mac and needs to be updated.

hembo

• 1 month later...

HSHfitter was compiled as a 32 bit app on the Mac - and those aren't supported in Catalina.  Someone is working on trying to solve this for the PTMFitter.   The PTMFitter is turning out to be more work than initially thought, due to dependencies in the code. Note that it is NOT open source, and CHI does not have the code for it.

I've asked someone to do this for HSHFitter - and I'll post when I have an answer as to whether they can do it, and when. We do have the code for HSHFitter and it is available under the GNU General Public License v3.

Sorry for all the issues with this old software.

Carla

• 1 month later...

...and now it happened ... i bought new Mac an i can not use RTIBuilder anymore :(

Trying to set up virtual machine older OS X or Win 10. Pain. 

As said earlier, I would be happy to help to put together the project to update RTI tools. 

Thanks Hembo!

Turns out that RTiViewer won't run

on Catalina either.  Gianpaolo Palma from the Visual Computing Lab in Pisa is looking into recompiling it for 64 bit.  He thinks it will be straight forward if we lose the functionality for the network viewing.  That was really just an experiment in the current version, and I think there are better options for folks now - so losing that feature to get 64 bit seems like something we can live with.

2 different people are looking into 64 bit PTMFitter and HSHFitter.  PTMFitter isn't open source, and we don't have the code.  We do have the code for HSHFitter.  

Are the fitters the problem - or can you not run the RTiBuilder application?  Please post any specific error messages you receive.

Thanks - and I've just pinged the folks that were working on all these things to try to get an update.  I'll let you know if there is a way for you to get involved. I appreciate the offer.

Carla

• 4 weeks later...

For me, RTIViewer works fine in macOS Catalina. I wonder why that should be (binary is dated 18 Nov 2013)? However, when launching RTIbuilder 2.0.2 macOS asks for 2017 Java, which won't run because macOS reports that it already has a newer version installed. 

Like Hembo, I can't create RTIs any more. If priority could be for HSHFitter, with PTMFitter coming later, that would be a great start for modernising these apps. There's nothing else like RTI!

As Hembo suggests, time to dust off VirtualBox and try that route (or beg an old PC laptop from a friend!). I'm not sure how I can help as my programming skills are limited, but anything I can do to help I will.

Thanks,

Tom