The Format of imported images

weiwei

I have applied the RTIBuilder software and successfully imported the image in the format of .jpg and produced the .rti file. Now I want to generate the. Rti file through uncompressed images. What is the format of the uncompressed image recognized by RTIBuilder software?  Looking forward to your reply! Thank you very much.

22 minutes ago, leszekp said:

Both fitters (PTM and HSH) only take jpg files. If you have uncompressed images, you will have to convert them to jpg format. Just select the highest quality jpg setting for the best results. I convert RAW files to JPG format all the time, and they work fine.

Thank you for your answer. Because I want to study the files of .ptm or .rti , I hope get the uncompressed file of .ptm or .rti that I could study. Now I get compressed file of .ptm or .rti, I can not find the way to understand well the file.So I want to get the uncompressed file. Would you know the way to get the uncompressed file or the way to study the compressed file of .rti or .ptm?  Thank you very much!

Somewhere online there used to be a description of the ptm format, but that appears to have disappeared. It should be described in the original Malzbender paper about PTM. Don't know if I've ever seen anything comparable for the rti format, but the original paper about HSH fitting should give you some information. You might contact CHI directly for the source code for the hsh fitter, and that should give you information about the storage format for the rti files.

Not sure exactly what kind of useful information you expect to get from the files. They just store the fitting coefficients for every pixel (along with the RGB date) that's used to calculate normals, both of which are used by the viewer to display the image and the effects of changing the lighting angle.

Archived