Not able to import images.

geier1

Emeline,
To reduce the variables, can you have another try with the fish data set that CHI provide?

Please forgive me if these duplicate what you know or have tried, but this is the simplest set of steps - could you try these as they definitely work.
Dave

1. On your PC, if you don’t already have one, make a folder RTI at the top level on your C: drive, and within that, make a folder Fish_1000 so you end up with C:\RTI\Fish_1000

2. Download the Fish_1000 set of example files from http://culturalheritageimaging.org/What_We_Offer/Downloads/Process/
    And then – somewhere else on your PC - expand/extract the fish_fossil-data-set_1000.zip file. In the extracted files, down one level, you will see a folder jpeg-exports      Copy that folder and its contents into C:\RTI\Fish_1000 so you end up with C:\RTI\Fish_1000\jpeg-exports which will contain 36 photographs named fish_fossil_01.jpg through fish_fossil_36.jpg

3. Start RTI Builder

In the Project Name box, type Fish_test
    In the Operation Sequence block, click on the first option – Highlight based (HSH Fitter)
    Then click the [Start new project] button

4. On the Image selection screen which opens with an initial blank list, click the [Open folder] button at the right-hand edge of the screen

In the Windows selection box which pops-up, it usually seems to default browsing to ‘My Documents’.
    Click on the ‘Computer’ icon (fourth one down) in the left-hand bar
    Double-click on C:
    Double-click on the RTI folder
    Double-click on the Fish_1000 folder
    Then click [Open]   (N.B. please don’t click on the ‘jpeg-exports’ folder)

You should then see a pop-up ‘Loading images’ with a progress bar
    When all the images have loaded, you should then see 36 images in the selection pane
    after which you should be able to proceed with RTI processing; and as you proceed with building your RTI model, you should see an xml and other folders appear in the project folder, so eventually, if you just proceed (using default options and not cropping) you will have:
    C:\RTI\Fish_1000\assembly-files
    C:\RTI\Fish_1000\finished-files
    C:\RTI\Fish_1000\jpeg-exports
    C:\RTI\Fish_1000\Fish_test.xml
    and your finished RTI will be
    C:\RTI\Fish_1000\finished-files\ Fish_test_1000.rti

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your advices. You are right, it is better to go back to the beginning. 

I did try everything that you described (twice, to be sure), but it seems that the program refuses to go further than the [open folder]. I can choose the right fish folder, but nothing happens next. My mouse turns in blue circle, without anything moving. 

I even suppressed the RTIBuilder program from my computer, to install it anew, but even that does not make it work. I really don't know what could be the problem...

Thank you,

Best regards,

Emeline

Emeline,
I'm not involved with the programming, but I don't recall hearing of any dependencies that would affect this. I think Java is used, so it might be worth updating or even re-installing Java to make sure. Other thoughts - if you have a very aggressive firewall, I suppose conceivably it could be stopping access (though I can't dream why) - maybe disconnect your PC/laptop from the network/internet, turn off the firewall and try again?  Might also be worth checking firewall logs and Windows event logs in case they show anything?
Other than these, I'm sorry but I'm running out of ideas.
Cordialment
Dave

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your advices.

I reinstalled Java, as you suggest. I had downloaded it six days ago, but apparently it was not the latest version (it was however provided by my university, I thought it would be alright), because now, the program is working! I could open the fish folder, and even my own folder.

Thank you so much,

Best regards,

Emeline

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone, I have RTI Builder installed on my Mac, it runs and seems it is work. When I upload a photo / photos from the export folder, nothing happens. Nothing will load. Where am I making mistake? I have the same problem on Windows (yes, it used to say that the jpeg-exports folder is not traceable, but I've already solved it). I'm clueless now. Can anyone advise me, please?

Thank you,

Klára from University of Hradec Králové