Availability of Online Viewers?

delongrp2

As an RTI newbie, I hope I am not violating any forum customs.  Please feel free to move this question to a more appropriate location if needed!

I have persuaded the Israel Antiquities Authority to produce three RTI images of an ancient artifact that I think has been neglected by scholars.  Now that I have the RTI images in hand, I would like to post them on the web in such a way that anyone with a modern browser can view them, but not be able to download the actual RTI files themselves — at least for the time being.

In reviewing the existing forum topics, I found the RTI AHRC Project (UK) topic to be promising, but the emphasis there seems to be on expanding analytical features of the viewer being developed, and the topic has been quiescent for over two years.

I just noticed a link to CHER-Ob, but haven't determined its relevance yet…

Is there a basic web viewer available, or is there another approach I could be taking?

R. Peter DeLong

independent researcher

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The viewer works on all platforms that support WebGL and HTML5 enabled browsers.

However, to prepare the image data for your server - you have to run a utility over it.  That utility only runs on Windows at this time.  So, if you want to post RTIs in a way that uses the viewer - you need access to a Windows machine to prep the files.  Your users can be on any platform.

Carla

• 9 months later...

Thanks Ponchio!  

Just to be totally clear - the service converts .ptm and .rti files to be used in the web based 3D Heritage Online Presenter (3D HOP).  You have to create the RTI's first, using RTIBuilder - or a similar tool.  So essentially, the tool takes away the need to find a windows machine to do the preprocessing on an RTI file, and it sets up the results in 3DHOP - which supports 3D models as well as RTIs.   The 3D HOP viewer was created by the Visual Computing Lab folks at CNR-ISTI in Pisa who also wrote the RTIViewer that we make available and the RTI web viewer mentioned above.  Also they wrote Meshlab.  It's a great team!

• 2 years later...
On 3/2/2017 at 8:23 AM, dibiasiej said:

Am I right that this viewer can't be processed on a mac?

I have persuaded the Israel Antiquities Authority to produce RTI images of an ancient artifact that I think how to get rid of gyno has been neglected by scholars.  Now that the RTI images in hand, I would like to post them on the web in such a way that anyone with a modern browser can view them, but not be able to download the actual RTI files themselves — at least for the time being.

Sometimes some of your apps don't work, your Mac gets slow, you get a spinning. ... Activity Monitor will ask if you are sure you want to quit this process. ... Instead, focus on the information displayed at the bottom right, at Data

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2020 at 6:47 PM, GeorgeCloutier said:

Sometimes some of your apps don't work, your Mac gets slow, you get a spinning. ... Activity over the counter phentermine Monitor will ask if you are sure you want to quit this process. ... Instead, focus on the information displayed at the bottom right, at Data

This issue happened with me too are they sorting it or finding some solution for it 

• 1 month later...