Dennis

RTI Viewer for iPad?

Is there an RTI viewer that will display on an Apple iPad? I'm thinking this will require one written only in HTML5 with no Flash component.

• Like 1

Various folks have talked about doing one, but there isn't one that I know about.

None of the current viewers use Flash, so that isn't the sticking point. The current viewers either require a software download (like PTMViewer and RTIViewer) or are written as a Java Applet - which is also not supported on the iPad.

I think it will happen, just needs a bit of time and someone to pick up the mantle.

Carla

I just wanted to add that we now have a PTM viewer running on iPhone and iPad. It's pretty quick (written in Objective C) but only has the Specular Enhancement filter at the moment. At the present it's focused mainly at museum display presentation. I will keep the forum posted as this tool develops.

If there were more available information on the HSH algorithm we could add that as well. Our recent experience with the iPhone 5 shows us that the latest hardware can handle it.

• Like 2

Charles...I answered in the other thread...I think it could be a few weeks out, even months. The programmers are still optimizing the code for specular enhancement (the other filters aren't implemented). 

Hi all,

Just wondered whether there is any news about the completion of an OA RTI viewer for iPad? I see an app on iTunes for 70 GBP. It seems to be aimed at general engagement and museums. It only allows a file size of 50mb or less which is a significant drawback for most research and conservation purposes.

Would be great to get an update from the team involved in The RTI FoF: Reflectance Transformation Imaging Follow-on Funding project. Anyone in the know?

Cheers - Kathryn