PTM file is just RED

martinjuergens

We received a new computer from IT and I installed all of the software elements as previously, but now the PTM files I am generating are opening in the RTIViewer as big red squares. In the small window at bottom right I can see the image as it should be, but in the large window in which I should be able to move around the light source everything is simply red. (see attached screenshot)

My setup:

Windows 7

micro-RTI device ("monkey brain") with 56 LEDs

RTIbuilder used to make lp file using PTM shiny ball method

PTMfitter selected within RTIbuilder to generate PTM files.

It's very weird, and I have not had this problem before. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Martin Jürgens

Rijksmuseum

post-782-0-93719300-1421233595_thumb.jpg

The problem is most likely with the support for OpenGL with your computer graphics card.  There is a detailed description here:

http://forums.culturalheritageimaging.org/index.php?/topic/270-the-big-red-rectangle/?hl=%2Bred+%2Brectangle

This includes information on how to check what you have, and whether it is possible to update the drivers.

Please take a few minutes to search the forum before posting, as many common problems are already covered here.  I know it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for and we expect some duplication, but it does help if folks take a look first.

Carla

I had actually searched the forum first, but I guess I missed that discussion, probably because I wasn't sure what the problem really was.

In any case, I solved the problem by replacing the GPU card with an older one, and now the big red rectangle is gone!

Thank you for your help, and best regards, Martin

You might try re-installing the previous graphic card, then downloading new drivers directly from the chipset manufacturer (usually nVidia or Radeon/AMD). Windows update doesn't always include the best possible driver for your graphic card, so using the manufacturer's driver might fix the problem.

Archived