Windows 7 issues with RTI Builder?

Ansley

I just recieved an new HP computer that is running Windows 7.

The first day I used the RTI Builder, it worked slowly. Now the program will not open at all.

I tried re-installing the RTI Builder, but it still will not open.

The RTI Viewer has no issues.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ansley

Hello Anstey, by way of experiment, we recently installed RTI Builder on a Win 7 notebook. Yes, it works, but extremely slowly.

Can you give more information about your PC? How much RAM is available?

Before you reinstalled RTI did you remove registry entries?

Mods should be on line soon.

Regards,

John.

I have been using RTiBuilder on Windows 7 on occasion (it is running on VMWare on my Mac)  I haven't had any problems, though I don't run that way too often.  I didn't notice that it was particularly slow, but then when running that way everything is a bit slow.

Ansley - can you describe more what happens?  Does it not start at all?  Does it try to come up and then crash?  Do you get any error messages at all?

I'll note that RTiBuilder is written in Jave and requires that the Jave platform be installed on your computer.  That is likely already true (it needs any version of Java 6 or later - and that has been around for several years now)  You might try going to java.com and updating your Java version.  Let us know anything else you are seeing when you try to run the program.

Carla

I am running Windows 7 Professional on an HP.

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHZ

RAM: 4 GB (3.39 usable)

When I open the C drive, the icon for RTIbuilder has been replaced by a Windows icon. I double click and nothing happens.

The black icon with "light source map" is still visible for RTIbuilder[Console]. When I double click it I get the small rectangular box listing code for a split second and then nothing happens. There are no other error messages.

The IT Department helped re-install. We did an uninstall first than re-installed on the C Drive.

The HP PC has Java 7.

Thanks,

Ansley

Try uninstalling it completely, including manually removing program elements from the Prrogram folder in C drive. Also, type 'regedit' in the search box to access the registry. In the tool bar click 'Edit' and 'Find.' Enter 'RTI Builder' in the search box and press return. Wait for Windows to locate any entries. Right click on a found entry in the right-hand pane, and press delete. Press 'F3' to search next entry, untill all have have been deleted.

Reload RTI Builder and see what happens.

Be careful with registry edits!

If the Windows icon reappears, right-click it and select 'Open With'. A drop down list of programs should appear. If RTI Builder is in the list select it and press 'OK'. The Windows icon is a default. It means Windows is not associating it with an executable program.

Regards, John.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your attention to this!

IT just left my desktop. We un-installed, re-installed and did a java update (even though it was fairly current). The java update seems to be what solved the problem.

I have yet to process a batch of images, but the Builder will open now. The icon for the RTIbuilder is still missing, but the correct icon for RTIbuilder [Console] is there.

Phew and YEA!

Ansley

Archived