Maximum image resolution

slajfo

Hi, we successfully using HSM with pictures from Nikon D800 cameras but i have problem with bigger pictures from PhaseOne IQ280. Im only at the beginning of finding solution. I tried HP Desktop with Windows 7 Pro 64bits, Java V8 Update 121 and RTIbuilder 2.0.2 (i5-4670, 16GB RAM). I tried render downsized images using Lightroom and RTIbuilder start loading images from 8000x6000px (48Mpx) and lower. 

Is there some SW, HW or Java limits for image sizes? RTIbuilder freezes after "Open folder". In quick test i open same files on Macbook Pro (MAC version of RTIbuilder) and no problem there. Image size is 10328x7760px.

I can test it on the other PC specs and newer Windows versions but will be good to know about limitations.

Thanks for reply.

Lukas.

There isn't a hard limit that is coded into the software.  We are aware that it is more likely to fail on Windows with large files than on Macs.  Usually the problem has been in the fitter software, but you are saying you can't open the files in RTIBuilder (RTIBuilder calls the fitters later in the process - see the glossary for definition of fitting)

We have a 50MP camera that we use regularly for RTI, and we haven't had problems running the images on our Mac computers.  We haven't tried anything at 100MP.  I'm guessing that the finished RTIs wouldn't be able to load on most computers, so it might be worth down-sampling to smaller JPEGS and building from there.  

Carla

Thank you for your reply Carla, at this moment i have to use MACs for these 80Mpx pictures, later i try other PCs systems and Windows versions and i will let you know about results. We have a lot of PCs more powerfull than macbooks so i will be happy if will be works.

Archived