"Fitting Complete" error

ErinM

I've been using RTI builder for three years, with minor adjustments here and there for Java updates, etc. However, recently in the middle of a crop build, RTI builder declared 'Fitting Complete' even though only 39 of 76 images had been cropped.

When I tried it on another set of images, it hadn't begun cropping the first image before it said that fitting was complete. I've since tried everything I can think of (changing file locations, turning computer off and on, reloading images, etc), with no success. Now, if I load a fresh set of images, when it reaches the third screen it will not display the thumbnail - only a black box. The autofill file name is not linked to the given .xml file name (for example, I named a file BK92_o, and the displayed autofill .ptm name is null_0.ptm).

I previously had problems with java script updating, so I made sure it wasn't anything like that - to my knowledge nothing has changed on my pc since this error has been introduced.

Has anyone had anything like this, and if so, what was the remedy?

• 4 weeks later...

Erin -

Sorry for the delayed reply - I did not see this post come through.  No, I have never seen this error.  I've seen RTIBuilder hang and not complete, but not the behavior you describe.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Maybe someone else can chime in.  The fact that you are having other problems with RTIBuilder makes me think that your install somehow was modified.  Did you try reinstalling the software?  I know that's what people say when they can't figure out what is going on.  Guilty.

Carla

• 11 months later...

Hi Erin and Carla,

I was wondering if there are any updates on this thread, as I keep getting 'fitting complete' errors. Mine seem slightly different though.
The whole processing works fine, up until I get the message that the fitting is complete, but the final file is never generated in the finished-files folder. 
What is the most bizarre is that I am working with a few datasets and seems like this happens only with one of them. All sets of images were taken with the same camera (Nikon D810) and went through the same preprocessing (color calibration with color checker & camera Raw + renaming; no spaces in name files, short names) before importing them to RTI Builder. All images, and sets are of similar size, with this one  actually being the smallest, containing the lowest number of images ( 246 in total). Any ideas what may cause this?
I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you,

Marta

As I said, I have never seen this error before - so it is hard to track down.

Did you mean to say that you have 246 images in one RTI image set? Or maybe that was a typo.  We generally shoot 35-50 images and have never gone over 80.  The minimum we recommend is 24.  It is odd that things are working for some image sets, and just not one image set.  Can you email the .xml log file to me (info at c-h-i.org) maybe there is some clue in there.

Carla

Archived