RTI Builder Not Working on Windows 10?

dsmotherma

Greetings all,

I recently got a new computer with Windows 10 and I cannot get the RTI Builder to work on it. It does install, however, upon installation, the program will not open. I have tried running it in compatability mode set to Windows 7, which is what my previous computer had, but the program itself does not attempt to run when prompted. The RTI Viewer, on the other hand, installed and works perfectly. Are there any known issues with Windows 10 that are preventing the RTI Builder from running? Is there some way to work around these issues? I am a graduate student who has worked with RTI for objects in the collections of my school and objects at excavations.

Any suggestions for ways to get this working again are much appreciated. Thanks!

Danielle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/20/2015 at 4:31 PM, dsmotherma said:

found Leanbean here and had forgotten to respond that it did stem from Java. It was up-to-date according to Java's test page, but I uninstalled Java, re-installed it, and the RTIBuilder works without any problem now. Thank you!

How do you uninstall java? I don't see it in the programs list in control panel.

• 1 year later...

I realise this is a bit old, but I had this problem today when installing RTI Builder on Windows 10. Solution was to use the Java removal tool to remove Java, and then install the latest version. Now Builder runs fine (also had to enable it on Norton, which thought it was a virus).

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

I had the RTI builder running this morning and it worked just fine. Coming back from lunch  the programme would not open again. I have restarted the computer, reinstalled the RTI builder and reinstalled Java. No success. Has anyone got any idea what else I could try?

I've got:

windows 10, 64bit

java 8 update201

RTIbuilder_v2_0_2

Many thanks, Kira

Archived