Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

How do I run RTIBuilder on my Mac when I get a "Damaged File" message?

RTIBuilder error message MacOS 10.9 MACOS 10.10

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Carla Schroer

Carla Schroer

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 349 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

There have been some reports of problems with newer Macs (running 10.9 and later) where a message stating that the RTIBuilder download is damaged appears.

This is a known problem that started with MacOs 10.9 and later, because Apple changed their security checks.  

We do not believe there is anything wrong with the RTIBuilder download.  As a small nonprofit company, we haven't paid to be in the Apple Developer program, and so the content is unsigned.  Also a small script runs when you install the software (it basically just sets up a path to the software) and this is what is causing the error message.  Note that the identical package on MacOS 10.8 and earlier will not generate this message.

You need to change your security settings (found in the system preferences) to allow software downloaded from anywhere to run, and then try it again.  You can then change the settings back.

#2 archer124

archer124

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

i Have a problem with the sphere recognition, on mac os x El Capitan.

#3 Carla Schroer

Carla Schroer

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

The question about the sphere recognition is not related to this topic.  It should be posted as a new topic in the "Processing RTI" Forum"  Also, please describe in detail the problem.  Exactly what happens?  What steps lead to the problem?  Is there an error message?  Does it not work as you expect?  Include a screen shot if that is appropriate.

Carla

PS:  I can move a new topic someone posts to the proper forum, but I can't move individual posts somewhere else.  Please start a new topic about this issue.

#4 Bob Miller

Bob Miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Carla, changing the security settings to 'allow from anywhere' worked on mac OSX 10.11.5 (El Capitan). I am now looking forward to using RTI :-)

Bob

#5 May_Espejo

May_Espejo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

Hello, 

I have another similar problem when I try to install the RTI builder programe. I changed my security options, so i can download the programe, in this way I've can install the RTI viewer programe.

My computer said me that "the RTI builder is damaged and can not be opened. You must eject the disk image". 

I've read the forum's answered but they don't serve me.

Thank so much

#6 Carla Schroer

Carla Schroer

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

We have seen the damaged file reported before (though the file is not damaged).  Usually going to system preferences and changing the security settings to allow the software "from anywhere" to run will fix the problem.  Then you can change the setting back, once RTiBuilder is running. You will need an administrator password to make this change.

Carla

#7 jnpangasinan

jnpangasinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

in the macOS Sierra version there is no option for the 'allow software from anywhere to run' option. How do I fix this? Thanks

#8 Carla Schroer

Carla Schroer

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

Ok - wow, this looks like a problem.  MacOS X Sierra does remove the run apps from "anywhere" option.  

Here's an article with a couple of options for how to get around this:

http://dispatchist.c...tions-anywhere/

I can't vouch for this site, but one of the options is pretty straightforward.  The more permanent fix involving a command line action in a terminal, you might want to do a bit more research on before trying.

Carla

#9 sammichaelstevens

sammichaelstevens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

Here's a safer option that only disables gatekeeper for RTIBuilder.

https://sites.google...02onmacossierra

Sam

• Carla Schroer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RTIBuilder, error message, MacOS 10.9, MACOS 10.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users