Hi Carla and all,
@Carla: Above (20 March 2014) you mention: "...usually due to a permissions problem with HSH needing to write to a cache file". Are there details anywhere on the Forum about how to address this problem. I searched around but did not see anything. I am having a problem with RTIBuilder on my new Mac. (Granted I was a PC user for years, so still getting up to speed on Mac and might be overlooking something basic?)
MacBook Pro Retina, OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
1. PTMs fit fine
2. HSH/*.rti fit with no error messages. The resultant *.rti file is c.400 KB?! It should be over 200MB based on the same data being fitted on my old PC. The Mac-processed smaller file, of course, will not open in RTIViewer.
1. Stab in dark: Changed the permission from "read only" to "read and write" in my library for the cache file folder "everyone" and "wheel". The "system" already had these permissions. This had no effect on the fitting.
2. Tried fitting when the folder was in my normal directory structure, ensuring no spaces in file names
3. Tried fitting with the folder on the desktop
4. Copied the HSH fitter to another location so I could be sure the Builder "knew" where to find it -- in case the built in path/location was faulty
5. Finally, I made sure OS was up to date and restarted computer. Still no joy: fitting appeared to happen normally without errors but file was again ridiculously small and useless.
I am stumped and after scanning the xml file it is not clear to me what the problem might be. I attach the xml file from my most recent attempt. I am grateful for any advice on how to solve this problem!
Best wishes - Kathryn