Strange grid on PTM?

Sigmund

Hello,

perhaps this issue was already discussed but I could not find it on the forum:

I recently realized that on some of my PTMs there is a very faint grid. I do not like that! Did I make a mistake during the capture or might it just depend on my laptop screen???

Thank you for any ideas

Sigmund

Whenever you see a faint "ghost"image in an RTI, go back and check your full image set.  This can be caused by having a single image of say someone's hand in the image, or for a grid, maybe you took a separate shot holding a color card over the subject.  If it is the latter, you want to save the color card image as a dng along with your full original images archive set, but you don't want to make a jpeg of it, or you can remove it in RTI builder.  If you have  say 48 images in a capture set and one has something that isn't part of the subject, it can appear as this kind of ghosting in certain lighting directions.  Think about it and it will make sense, as the software processes the images, it uses the whole stack of images pixel by pixel, so if something is in only one image, it can appear as a very faint object.

Go look closely at the full set of jpegs that you processed.

If that isn't it, then please do post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Carla

Archived